JORDAN SCHOOL DISTRICT SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR HIRING PRACTICES
The Jordan School District continues to seek qualified instructional leaders to serve as School Administrators. The following hiring practices for School Administrators will be followed:
The District Administration will make administrative considerations in the following order:
- INTERNAL lateral transfer (Consider the transfer of a principal or assistant principal from one school to another as openings are determined.)
- INTERNAL promotion (Consider the promotion of an assistant principal to a principal assignment.)
- Out –Of-District / Administrative Pool Candidate (Consider an Administrative Pool Candidate for an administrative assignment.)
Internal Lateral Transfer or Promotion
Current School Administrators will be considered for administrative openings; however, are also encouraged to discuss their career goals with their Administrator of Schools.
- A licensed educator with five years of educational experience and a current administrative license; or
- A licensed educator with five years of educational experience without a current administrative license; however, is able to provide a letter to the Human Resource Department from their University advisor stating the applicant will complete the administrative endorsement requirements by August of the following year; or
- A former school administrator with a current administrative license; or
- An Administrative Pool Candidate (two years maximum, then must reapply)
- Complete an online Administrator application.
- Applications will be accepted through an on-line application process. Applicants will be asked to prioritize their level of preference i.e. elementary, secondary, etc.
- Applications will be screened using a screening rubric.
- Once the applicant has completed and submitted the entire application, he/she will receive a confirmation email.
- Applicants will be notified via email, as to whether or not they have made the Administrative Candidate Pool.
- Candidates selected for the Administrative Pool will remain in the Pool for a maximum of two years.
- After two years, Administrative Pool Candidates must reapply.
Internal Lateral Transfers or Promotions
Consideration of a lateral transfer or promotion for any school administrator position may or may not require an interview.
Administrative Pool Candidates
All Administrative Pool Candidates will be invited for a “get to know you” interview following the application process. Administrative Pool Candidates may also expect to receive a second interview when being considered for an administrative position.