All positions require a successful background check to be paid by the prospective employee. A fee of $34 will be paid prior to hire.
Based on guidance from the Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the District is required to remove previous employees from the FBI Rapback fingerprint system within five (5) days of resignation. Education Support Professional/Miscellaneous employees who resign, or who are resigned due to inactivity, will be required to complete a new fingerprint, including paying the fingerprint fee, if they return to employment with JSD.
- Must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Associates Degree or minimum of 60 semester hours *
- Special School Substitute: 18 years olds with a High School diploma may apply to work as a substitute at Kauri Sue Hamilton, South Valley and River's Edge schools.
- Application screening for Special Schools is completed by the principal.
- Teacher substitutes must work a minimum of four times per month.
- Drivers must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Attendants must be 18 years old and have a High School diploma
- CDL with passenger and bus endorsement are required, but training is provided by JSD prior to hire.
- JSD provides each new driver with about 40-60 hours of training, both in the classroom and behind the wheel of a bus. This training takes from 2-4 weeks. Written driver license tests must be taken at the DMV, but the driving test is done by our qualified staff. Drivers are subject to randon drug testing and must pass a criminal background check.
- Application screening for Transportation Substitutes is completed by the Transportation Department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have a current Food Handler’s Permit.
- Reimbursement for your food handler's permit can be obtained and non slip shoes from Nutrition Services after completing the hiring process.
- Substitute Nutrition workers must work a minimum of once a month.