All positions require a successful background check to be paid by the prospective employee.
Based on guidance from the Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the District is required to remove previous employees from the FBI Rapback fingerprint system within five (5) days of resignation. Education Support Professional/Miscellaneous employees who resign, or who are resigned due to inactivity, will be required to complete a new fingerprint, including paying the fingerprint fee, if they return to employment with JSD.
All substitutes are considered "at will". That is, either the substitute or Jordan School District may end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. The substitute may be blocked from individual schools or classrooms at the principal’s request. There is no expectation of being called or utilized as a substitute. The fact that a substitute has been retained on one occasion does not guarantee any expectation of further retention.
- Must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Associates Degree or minimum of 60 semester hours *
- Special School Substitute: 18 years olds with a High School diploma may apply to work as a substitute at Kauri Sue Hamilton, South Valley and River's Edge schools.
- Application screening for Special Schools is completed by the principal.
- Drivers must be 21 years old to apply and a High School diploma
- Attendants must be 18 years old and have a High School diploma
- CDL with passenger and bus endorsement are required, but training is provided by JSD prior to hire.
- JSD provides each new driver with about 40-60 hours of training, both in the classroom and behind the wheel of a bus. This training takes from 2-4 weeks. Written driver license tests must be taken at the DMV, but the driving test is done by our qualified staff. Drivers are subject to randon drug testing and must pass a criminal background check.
- Application screening for Transportation Substitutes is completed by the Transportation Department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Candidate must have a current Food Handler’s Permit.
- Reimbursement for your food handler's permit can be obtained and non slip shoes from Nutrition Services after completing the hiring process.