- The cost is $34.00.
- No cost for teachers who have retired from JSD.
Friday's (early out/late start)
- Substitutes are paid a full day if they stay the full day, principal discretion.
- Begins 15 minutes before students arrive to 15 minutes after dismissal.
- Substitutes are paid a full day if they stay the full day.
- Hourly pay is received if the substitute stays for less than a full day.
- Valley High school works 10 hour days (M-Th).
- South Valley-Hours are from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm (7 hours only)
Part-time JSD Employees - may now substitute. Must apply to become a substitute through Skyward Employee Access and may work up to 25 hours per week combined total.
- Substitutes are expected to work according to school needs during preparation periods (including covering other classes) and be flexible to fill in where needed, without additional compensation.
Absence Management (formerly AESOP)
- The standard call time is 5:30 A.M. each morning. (link to a pdf for customizing the settings)