Jordan School District (JSD) is committed to finding, hiring and retaining the very best employees possible. We are looking for bus drivers, custodians, nutrition service workers and certain Facilities positions! Historically, some of our top talent is found through referrals from people who already work in the JSD. JSD currently has several positions that need to be filled. We would like to encourage JSD employees to share information about employment opportunities and at the same time reward employees for doing so.
The Employee Referral Program is one in which we hope all district employees will participate. The goal of this program is to help hire staff in “hard to fill" positions. Please look at the information below for a list of jobs that are considered “hard to fill” and which would qualify for the Employee Referral Program. Jobs not listed below do not qualify for the Employee Referral Program.
How do I refer an applicant?
- Contact friends, family or acquaintances and refer them to apply for open positions in JSD. Applicants apply at jordandistrict.org/apply .
- The referred applicant must list the employee’s name on their Frontline application as the person who referred them to JSD.
Who is eligible for the referral bonus?
- Any JSD employee is eligible for the referral bonus with the exception of employees on the administrative salary schedule.
When will I get paid?
- If you refer an applicant to one of the listed positions and they are hired after February 1, 2022, you will receive the following:
- $250 per candidate on the next available pay period after the referral candidate reaches 90 calendar days of employment (the employment waiting period may not include summer months, depending on the position type).
- $250 per candidate on the next available pay period after the referral candidate reaches 180 calendar days of employment (the employment waiting period may not include summer months, depending on the position type).
When is the Employee Referral program available?
- This bonus will begin February 1, 2022 for any current open positions or for new positions. The employee referral bonus will apply to Applicants hired after February 1, 2022.
- The Referral program is only available for a limited time and may be discontinued at any time.
Which positions are eligible for a referral bonus?
- Custodian Assistant – Full Time
- Contract Bus Driver
- Contract Bus Attendant
- Nutrition Worker – 6 hour
- Facility Painter – Full time
- Facility Carpenter – Full time
- Facility HVAC – Full time