Skip to content

Dual Language Immersion Transcripts & Employment Verification

Jordan School District (JSD) DLI Salary Placement Guidelines and Procedures : 

  • Transcripts equivalencies and translations must be provided by a USBE approved Credential Evaluation Service found at Send electronic transcripts to (J1 Visa Educators are exempt from this requirement)
  • Official employment verifications must be provided from previous employing agencies on the District's Verification of Employment (VOE) Form (one for each employer). (J1 Visa Educators are exempt from this requirement)
  • DP 309 - Salary Guidelines will be followed when determining teaching experience and salary placement (see section F and section I-1).

Exceptions and Clarifications:

  • Through established MOU's with partnership countries, Utah Dual Language Immersion educators with a J1 Visa have a separate process with USBE to verify the information required above. J1 Visa educators do not need to provide JSD Human Resources with the transcript equivalencies, translations, or the employment verifications on our form as outlined above. Educators with a J1 Visa have this USBE J1 Verification Form completed by their USBE language representative to verify the highest degree and previous years of experience.
  • The Human Resource department will still need copies of your original transcripts and previous employment documentation associated with the form above.
  • Fingerprinting for background checks are completed through the Utah State Board of Education (USBE).
  • Candidates are required to take the online Educator Ethics Review. 
  • Educators are required to take a Language Proficiency Test through the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language Association (ACTFL) or through the Utah Foreign Language Association (UFLA) and must score at the Mid-Advanced Proficiency Level. J1 and J2 Visa recipients are excempt from this requirement.
  • Any increase in salary resulting from received and verified transcripts and/or VOE's will be applied to the first paycheck retroactively if received within 60 days.


  • Credential Evaluation Service - Only USBE approved credential services through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) are valid for salary placement.
  • F1 Student Visa and Optional Practical Training (OPT) Status - International students who graduate from a University/College in the United States may remain in the United States to work for one year after completing their education.
  • J1 Visa - International guest teachers have an international license and must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree and 3 years of teaching experience in their country of origin.
  • J2 Visa - Issued to dependents of a J1 Visa holder. They may apply for a work permit called an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) if they would like to work in the U.S.

JSD does recommend a limited number of employees for H1B Visas each year, but those recommendations are reserved for current JSD employees who have been recommended after applications have undergone a competitive selection process.